You may have joined various groups on WhatsApp for Islamic knowledge, diet plans, and delicious healthy recipes. Therefore, there is no doubt that WhatsApp groups are quite useful when it comes to creating any sort of awareness. On the contrary, some groups are quite disgusting and you no longer want to be the part of that group, right? So, in this article, you will know how to delete WhatsApp group permanently. Read this article to know that.
So, WhatsApp has been one of the biggest platforms to communicate with people from all around the world. Almost everyone uses WhatsApp nowadays. People use social media applications for various purposes. Most of the social media applications are used for communication.
Consequently, WhatsApp allows you to create groups where you can chat and call in the group. Hence, people have created various WhatsApp groups where they chat and share useful information. But where there are pros, there are cons as well. As a result, most people misuse WhatsApp groups. They add random people in it without their consent. Also, those groups are used to share antisocial, antipolitical, and disgust content. But fortunately, WhatsApp has given you the option to mute, leave, or even block the group permanently which you don’t find appropriate. But most of the people do not know how to delete WhatsApp group. So, if you are one of those then read this article.
HOW TO DELETE WHATSAPP GROUP BEING A MEMBER
You can still delete WhatsApp even if you are not the admin of it. But it will be deleted from your phone only. The rest of the members would still be part of that group. Follow the below-mentioned steps if you do not know how to delete WhatsApp group from your phone.
- Now the very first step is to open the WhatsApp on your phones.
- The second step is to tap on the group chat which you want to delete.
- Now click on the top bar where the name of the group displays.
- But before deleting the group, you are supposed to leave it first.
- So, go to the bottom. Now click on the “Exit Group” option.
- So, it will now show you a dialogue box. Just click on the “Exit” option immediately.
- Now it will take you out from the chat. So, tap on the group chat again.
- Tap the top bar where it displays you the group name.
- Now go to the bottom. Here, it will display you the option “Delete Group”.
- So, click on it. Now it will delete the group from your phone.
You can also report the group as “Spam” if you do not find it appropriate. In addition to this, the group contains vulgar or disgraceful content then report it to WhatsApp immediately. Follow aforementioned steps if you don’t know how to delete WhatsApp group.
HOW TO DELETE WHATSAPP GROUP BEING AN ADMIN
Now you can also delete the WhatsApp group as an admin. If you are an admin, you have the option to permanently delete the group. Consequently, you will be able to delete it from your phone and others as well. So, let’s have a look at how to delete WhatsApp group as an admin. Just follow the procedure step by step.
- Firstly, open the WhatsApp application on your phone.
- Now tap the group chat that you want to delete for everyone.
- Thirdly, tap on the top bar where it displays you the name of the group.
- Now it will display you all the participants of the group.
- Here you have an option to either add members or remove all of them. But to delete the group permanently from everyone’s phone, you have to remove each of them at first.
- So, what you can do is tap on the name of each participant. It will display you a dialogue box. Now click on the “Remove” option to remove the participants from the group.
- Once you have removed all the participants, go to the bottom of the screen.
- Now exit the group by following the procedure mentioned above.
- Once you have exited the group, now delete it following the same procedure.
So, this is how to block WhatsApp group. If you do not know how to delete WhatsApp group as an admin then follow the procedure.
CAN YOU DELETE A WHATSAPP GROUP CHAT WITHOUT BEING AN ADMIN?
So, if you are not an admin of the group yet you want to delete it from everyone’s device then it is not possible. Unfortunately, WhatsApp does not allow you to delete the group chat without the permission of its admin. However, you will still be able to delete it from your device by following the procedure that we have already mentioned. Else, you can take the permission from the admin of the group to permanently delete it. Once the admin has approved your permission to do so, ask him to make you its admin. Now you can remove the participants. Also, you can delete it from your device and everyone else’s device.
HOW TO DELETE A GROUP ON WHATSAPP WITHOUT LEAVING IT? – AN IMPORTANT FAQ
So, most of the people ask how to delete WhatsApp group without leaving it. Let me clear you that it is not possible. If you want to permanently delete the WhatsApp group from your device or other devices, you will have to exit from the group first. If you do not leave it then you will not be able to delete it. So, keep that in your mind.
CAN YOU DELETE A GROUP MESSAGE IF YOU ARE AN ADMIN?
Again, WhatsApp has not given any authority to the admin of the group to delete someone’s message for everyone. However, if you are finding any message inappropriate then you can simply delete it for yourself. In addition to this, you can clear the group chat. But again, you can clear the group chat from your device only.