The main purpose of this article is to tell you the easiest way to send GIFs in WhatsApp.WhatsApp is one of the most popular social media applications nowadays. So, it is used for many purposes whether it is chatting, video calling, photo sharing, etc
The main purpose of this article is to tell you the easiest way to send GIFs in WhatsApp.WhatsApp is one of the most popular social media applications nowadays. So, it is used for many purposes whether it is chatting, video calling, photo sharing, etc. WhatsApp never fails to enhance its features from time to time. And thus we get new features every time we update the app. WhatsApp recently showed up with some exciting features. Those include stickers and GIFs. So, in this article, you’ll get to know the easiest way to send GIFs in WhatsApp in no time.
Furthermore, WhatsApp enables you to send videos as GIFs. And if you don’t find any relatable GIFs then you can also search GIFs from the GIPHY option.
SENDING GIFs in WhatsApp Android and iPhone
You can easily share GIFs in WhatsApp be it Android or IOS cell phones. You may also have shared it with your friend’s circle. But many people are still unaware of this exciting feature. So, let’s get started.
WhatsApp requires you to try either of these two options to send GIFs in WhatsApp.
- Converting videos from your gallery into a GIF image.
- Using the GIPHY website as a means to search and send GIFs in WhatsApp.
The procedure to send GIFs in WhatsApp using these steps varies from iPhone to Android.
How to Send GIFs in WhatsApp on Android
You can send GIFs in WhatsApp Android by following these steps:
- Method # 01 Using GIPHY website to send GIFs in Whatsapp
The easiest way to send GIFs in WhatsApp in android is;
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap and conversation or group you would like to share GIFs with.
- Tap the emoji icon on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Tap the GIF option. It shows you numerous GIFs when you tap on GIF option. If you don’t find any relevant GIF then use the search bar to search GIFs you want to share.
Method # 02 Sharing GIFs from Gallery
If you already have GIFs in your phone’s gallery then you can directly share it to WhatsApp like you share other media including documents, photos, videos, etc
- Open WhatsApp and tap any conversation you would like you to send GIFs.
- Tap the “attach” icon.
- Tap “Gallery”.
- Click to “WhatsApp animated GIFs”. It will show you all the GIFs you have in your gallery.
- Select any of it and send it.
So, this is one of the easiest and the most common ways to send GIFs in WhatsApp android.
Method # 03 Converting Videos from Gallery into GIFs
WhatsApp never restricts its features. Thus it enables you to convert any video into GIF and share it within your WhatsApp circle. But you can share a small video as a GIF. The video must have a duration of a maximum of 6 seconds or less.
- Open any WhatsApp chat.
- Tap the attach icon at the bottom right corner.
- It pops up various options including “camera” and “gallery”. As in case you don’t have a six seconds video, you can record it via the “camera” option.
- Tap on “Gallery” and select any video that you like to share it as a GIF. You can also trim a video. After trimming it to 6 seconds, it will automatically show you GIF option.
- Tap GIF option and send it.
You may also like this Recall Whatsapp Message
How to Send GIFs in WhatsApp Web
The procedure of Sending GIFs in WhatsApp web is also similar. What you have to do is;
- Open the chat you want to send GIFs to.
- Press the emoji icon displayed on the bottom left corner.
- It will show you all the emojis. Besides the emojis, there is a GIF option.
- Tap on it. It will show you all the trending GIFs. But if you don’t find any relevant GIF then search through the “search bar”.
Check also How to Record WhatsApp Calls
How to Send GIFs in WhatsApp iPhone
Sending GIFs through IOS devices is somehow different. But at the end of this article, you will get to know how to send GIFs in WhatsApp through iPhones.
Method # 01 Sending GIFs through GIPHY website
Now what you have to do is;
- Open the chat you would like to send GIFs to.
- Tap on the “+” icon displayed on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Now it will show you various options. But click on “Photo/Video Library”.
- Then click on the “Search GIF” icon. And search for any category of the GIF you would like to send for example celebration, grief, etc.
- Send it directly now.
Method # 02 Sending GIFs by Converting Video into GIF
As we all know that we can convert any video to GIF. But Whatsapp has set some limits to it. You can’t send a video that is more than 6 seconds. You will have to trim it down to convert it into GIF. So, what you have to do is;
- Open any chat that you would like to send GIF to.
- Tap the “+” icon that is on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- It will show you various options including “Photo/Video Library”.
- Click on it.
- Select any video that you would like to convert.
- Trim it down to 6 seconds. It will automatically show you the GIF option. Click on it and send it.
Method # 03 Sharing Live Photo as GIF
iPhone has got a unique feature of sending live photos as GIFs. But this feature is for iPhone 6s and later versions.
- Open any chat to share GIFs.
- Tap “+” icon and select “photo/video library”.
- Position the live photo that you want to share.
- Clasp “3D touch” with a swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- A menu will pop up. Click on “Select as GIF” and send it.
So, now you know how to send GIFs in WhatsApp through Android, iPhone, and web. I hope this article has resolved all your queries.