Do you want to start your food blog but aren’t sure where to begin? I understand how difficult it is to deal with technical issues when all you want is to share your favorite recipe. However, if you’re going to create a blog about cooking or be a better food blogger, I hope these suggestions will help ease your technical problems.
Step 1:purchase a domain that matches your blog name.
The process of deciding on the right name for your brand new blog may be the most challenging step. It is possible to begin making lists by thinking of an introductory mission statement or listing the terms to describe how you prepare your food, lifestyle, background, and so on. Then, add your name and that of your dog. 😉 Talk it out with your pals. There are a lot of great titles available which aren’t yet being used, I swear!
The characteristics of a perfect blog name
* Simple to spell
When you’ve got a few possible names you’re thinking of in your site’s name; you’ll have to verify the availability of those names. Because .com is the most familiar domain suffix, try various possible terms until you come across one that’s available on .com. Avoid using punctuation marks, hyphens, or other marks to achieve this (they’re too challenging to keep in mind).
Here’s a helpful domain name checker tool provided by Bluehost. Input the domain name you want and click “Check Domain,” It’ll let you know if your desired domain name is in use. If not, pick it up fast!
After you’ve picked your perfect domain name, you can purchase it at no cost with the BlueHost hosting service. (Or you can buy it for about $15 per year through GoDaddy and then connect it to your hosting provider in the future. But, I do not endorse GoDaddy as your web hosting provider because of my personal experiences.) So, purchase your domain now before when someone else will!
A friendly reminder that this page includes affiliate links, which means I earn a commission when you purchase using my hyperlinks. I only promote products that I have personally used and highly recommend. Thank you for your continued support.
Step 2: Choose a trustworthy web host.
It is recommended to begin by choosing a shared hosting service that comes with an automatic WordPress installation. It’s true that hosting is a bit complicated, but select one and go for it! Your food blog awaits.
The best website host for new food blogs:
Step 3: Install WordPress.
It’s so simple. If you bought the Bluehost hosted plan with shared hosting, as recommended, WordPress would be installed on your website automatically!
After you’ve logged in to your WordPress website, navigate to the Settings and Permalink Settings page. Change the structure of your permalinks in the direction of “Post name.” Hit save. It’s now time to design your blog attractive.
As with the other hosts that aren’t expensive, you’ll have to pay for your service in advance. However, if there’s a reason why you’re not satisfied with Bluehost, you can cancel within 30 days and receive an entire refund. (Domain cost is not included, but you’d be paying for elsewhere.)
It’s good to know that Bluehost appreciates Cookie as well as Kate’s readers. You can purchase hosting through any of my hyperlinks for Bluehost, and you’ll receive the most competitive price available. No promo code is required.
Step 4. Install a WordPress theme.
We’re now on to the exciting part! The theme you choose for your WordPress theme will define the appearance and experience of your website. So, make sure you pick a great one.
What are the things to look for in the design of a WordPress theme
A well-designed theme should reflect your style and include the features you need. The article must be written by someone knowledgeable about how to code.
* Responsive. The responsive designs are designed to give the best visual experience for your viewers, whether they’re on their smartphone, computer, or tablet. Your visitors don’t need to pinch or zoom to read your content. Your text will already be in an easily readable size.
Optimized for search results This is in line with the other two factors, as an optimized website naturally ranks more highly in results for search engines than one constructed on a theme with a lot of mistakes. (Want to determine if your prospective piece is infected with coding errors? Check the URL of your article using W3C’s markup verification service. Again, it’s not necessary to know the significance of each mistake; however, be aware that fewer errors are superior to more mistakes.)
* User-friendly: Choose themes with customizable design options built into the music, so you don’t have to alter the code to alter basic things. These features can help you save a lot of time. The article you choose will allow you to modify your logo and color scheme.
Support is excellent. If you have technical problems, a prompt support team or community forums can be invaluable.
Step 5: Configure Google tools.
The first step is to create an account on Google account and an email (Gmail) email address to your blog. It’s a good idea to keep your blog’s email addresses and tabs in a separate account, and you’ll need a Google account to use the tools listed below. Create a brand new Gmail account here.
Step 6: Install WordPress plugins.
Each plugin offers essential features that may not come automatically with your theme.
Recommendations for WordPress plugins to food blog:
* Akismet is a spam filtering service that filters out comments without the need for CAPTCHA. No one likes CAPTCHAs.
” Tasty Recipes Format your recipes to optimize them for search engines (SEO) Adds star ratings, prints recipes, and much more. This plugin can make your recipe’s picture appear in search results, and we’re inclined to click the links, aren’t we? It’s a paid plugin, but I’m convinced that the function is worth it.
* Share Buttons of a particular type: Numerous social bookmarking plugins include a Facebook-like button, a Pin-It button, or others. To every blog post. Choose your top pick!
* Subscribe to Comments Reloaded This plugin will ensure that your commenters will get your responses to their comments via email. This is an excellent feature for readers and can increase engagement.
* Yoast SEO: SEO is a complicated thing, and this plugin can assist you in ensuring that you’ve got everything covered. You’ll need to spend the time to go through the steps and configure it properly, however. Make sure you use it to set up Google Analytics and Google Search Console. It’s worthwhile!