A cellular phone is a dominating companion of today’s man, and it has replaced many devices and even many persons. It is a need of modern man from bed till bed. So, it has become a source of communication, knowledge, and entertainment. There are millions of applications that fulfill the needs of today’s man. But sometimes you want to run these applications on your personal computer or laptop when you are sick of the little screen. So, it would be best if you found a way that runs android apps on your PC or laptop that has a Windows operating system. This article will describe ways to solve this problem. And, it will also answer such questions as How to run android apps on windows.
Table of Contents
- Methods To Run Android Apps On Windows
- How to use Emulators To Run Android Apps On Windows
- Types Of Emulators To Run Android Apps On Windows
- Direct method.
- Steps to follow:
- On the PC:
- On the Android device:
Methods To Run Android Apps On Windows
We have three ways to describe, “how to run android apps on windows” i.e.
Using the emulators, Direct way, and Mirroring. We will discuss these methods in detail below.
Check also Best Social Media Apps
How to use Emulators To Run Android Apps On Windows
Emulators are programs that are installed on windows operating systems. These programs run on the windows and work as other windows installed programs work. It is a primary way to run android apps on windows. There are the following steps to use an emulator:
- Go to the emulator and click on Download.
- Open the setup file and follow the instructions to install it. The instructions are as comfortable and similar to installing any other program.
- Run that emulator when the installation is complete. You might see a notification saying that your graphics driver needs to be updated. So, click the “Close” button when you see the pop-up to start the emulator.
- Now you’ll see a window in which Android is up and running. Click the big search icon at the top and type the app’s name and then select “Search Play for…” to get the apps from Google Play.
- 5) You’ll have to log in using your Google account once you search Google Play for apps. So, once you have done that, you can install most games and apps quickly.
- Installing apps is simple. Just use the search button on the home screen and click Search Play for, as described in Step 4. it will open Google Play, where you can click “Install” to get the app.
- The emulator has an Android app so you can sync installed apps between your PC and Android device if needed.
- While you can use the mouse to simulate taps and swipes, the emulator also supports hardware keyboards for some games such as Temple Run. It means that you can play these games using your computer’s keyboard. If you have a preferred text-editor on Android, you can type using the keyboard as well.
- The emulator is free for a short duration (half an hour), after which it asks you to pay $2 (roughly Rs. 120) per month, or you can install some sponsored apps every day. That’s not a big dampener as you don’t need to open the sponsored app, and you can quickly delete it right after installation is complete. To do this, click the All apps icon at the top > Settings > Apps. Now select the sponsored app and click the “Uninstall” button.
Read Also Best Android VPN Apps
Types Of Emulators To Run Android Apps On Windows
We can classify the emulators into two categories.
- For Developers.
The games and apps developers use this type of emulators to test their beta version applications. These emulators are made for professional usage. These emulators are heavy to run and use.
- For General Usage.
These emulators are quite light and easy to use. These emulators are designed for better gameplay and smooth running. Most of the gamers and end-users rely on this type of emulators.
Answering the Question, “How to run android apps on windows,” here is the 2nd method. This method is a bit better than using emulators. In this method, we install a program that temporarily takes over the computer’s charge when it runs. When it runs, we use Android instead of windows. This method is used for testing the performance of apps and is used by commonly software engineers.
Steps to follow:
- Install the direct x runner program on your PC.
- Restart the PC; There will be an option to boot your PC using Windows or Android OS.
- Select the android option and then click OK. Android OS will start the computer.
- Install and use android apps only.
This method has a few problems also, as it needs to restart the computer as many times as we want to run the Android-based apps or standard windows OS. Moreover, in this method, we have to install two operating systems instead of one, and there may be a problem with storage and processor.
Note Best Android Apps
It is the latest method, and we can use it in Windows 10, especially 2019, and the above versions. It is the newest way to answer our question “how to run android apps on windows. Firstly, This method is almost wholly featured and works appropriately. Secondly, using this method, we can use all of the apps based on Android properly.
- An Android device can cast its screen to a Windows 10 PC using Wi-Fi Direct (WFD)
- This method creates its Wi-Fi hotspot.
On the PC:
- Use the Search option to find ‘Connect’ and open this app.
- On the PC, start the “connect” application.
On the Android device:
- Go to Settings > Display > Cast (Android 5,6,7), Settings>Connected Devices>Cast (Android 8)
- Click on the 3-dot menu.
- Select ‘Enable wireless display.
- Wait till the PC is found and shows the same name as shown in the ‘Connect’ app on the Windows 10 PC.
- Tap on that device.
We can use the first two methods in Windows XP up to Windows 10, but the last one can be used only in windows 10. So, here are some ways out of how to run android apps on windows.